Upcoming Changes on Monday, July 13
Capacity Decrease to 20 Passengers Per Bus
Starting Monday, July 13, Metro will decrease its bus capacity to a maximum number of 20 passengers on each bus.
Face masks Required to Ride
In addition, as according to Emergency Order #8 recently issued by Public Health Madison & Dane County, all riders are required to wear a face covering on the bus.
Schedules, riding rules and requests listed below continue to be in place to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Read Metro's future service increase plan
To receive continued updates on Metro's future plans to increase service, sign up for text and email alerts at mymetrobus.com/alerts or contact Metro’s customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Details/Requests to Passengers
Buses operate modified Saturday service schedules.
Capacity on all Metro Transit fixed-route buses is limited to 20 passengers plus the driver.
- Fare collection is suspended.
- Customers are required to board and exit the bus using the rear doors (riders needing the ramp may still enter through the front).
- Customers are asked to ride for essential trips such as to employment, medical appointments, grocery stores, etc.
- Passengers are asked to wear a mask or other face covering when riding.
- Metro's Administration Office is now closed. Lost and Found pick-up done by appointment only. Call 608-266-4904.
- Metro maintenance are performing daily cleanings of all buses. See all preventative measures.
These measures will be in effect until further notice.
Metro is operating modified SATURDAY schedules. Saturday service is provided on the following routes only: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31, 32, 36, 40, 50, 51, 59, 63, 67, 68, 78.
In addition to the routes listed above, the following routes are available Monday through Friday.
- Routes 55 and 75 operate regular weekday schedules to/from Verona/Epic .
- Route 23 operates regular weekday schedules to/from Sun Prairie.
- Route 72 operates regular weekday schedules to/from Middleton.
- Routes 44, 48 and 49 operate regular weekday schedules to/from Fitchburg.
The University of Wisconsin Campus Routes 80 and 84 will operate RECESS SERVICE exactly as it normally operates on a recess schedule. Route 80 will run weekday recess service Monday through Friday, and weekend recess service Saturday and Sunday. Routes 81 and 82 will not operate.
Unable to get to your essential destination due to service or capacity limitations? Let us know.
For trip planning assistance, call 608-266-4466 or plan your trip on Google Maps.
Metro maintenance employees have implemented new cleaning protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus including:
- Wipe downs/sprays of all high-contact areas in the bus with tuberculocidal disinfectants
- Wipe downs/sprays of all high-contact areas in the Metro garage and operations areas with tuberculocidal disinfectants
- Fogging vehicles with tuberculocidal disinfectant
- (608) 266-4466
- Sign up text and email alerts at mymetrobus.com/alerts.
Metro staff will be discussing a proposed service schedule increase at the next Madison Transit Commission meeting on Wednesday, July 22.