Free Summer Youth Passes
As part of Mayor Satya Rhode-Conway’s MetroForward >> initiative, a major investment in Madison mass transit, the City of Madison is teaming up with the Madison Metropolitan School District to distribute a summer Metro Transit pass to ALL middle and high school students.
Watch Announcement Press Conference
This special summer program provides free rides to students attending 6th grade next year through those that have just graduated from high school to make it easier to get around to jobs, athletic camps, friends’ homes and other fun summer destinations.
Pick up at MMSD Schools
- Free passes will be distributed to all middle and high school students 6th grade and up starting June 2 through June 16.
- Passes will then be available again for pickup from school summer semester sites starting on Monday, June 21.
- Each individual school will communicate to students how to pick up a pass.
Non MMSD Students Living in Madison
Students that live in Madison, but attend other school districts are also eligible for the summer pass.
- Pick up passes at Metro Transit (1245 E. Washington Ave., Ste. 201.)
- Proof of residency is required. Family/ student must live in within the City of Madison.
Out-of-Town or Elementary Students
Passes are also available for purchase for youth that do not qualify for a pass. Ride all summer for $35.00.
- Buy online
- Metro Transit (1245 E. Washington Ave., Ste. 201.)
Passes are valid from Wednesday, June 9 through Monday, September 7.