COVID-19 Paratransit Updates
Face Covering Public Health Order
According to Public Health Madison & Dane County’s Emergency Order #8, both drivers and passengers are required to wear a mask or face covering during transport. Metro also recommends riders use face coverings prior to boarding a vehicle and if you are within 6 feet of the driver or another passenger.
Metro has provided masks that drivers may offer to riders who appear for a ride without a face covering. Riders will be asked to wear this free reusable face mask if they are able to wear it.
Request to Paratransit Riders:
- Travel for essential trips ONLY, such as travel to employment, medical appointments, grocery stores, etc.
- People at greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should continue staying home as much as possible.
- If possible, passengers are required to wear a mask or other face covering.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Keep your hands to yourself and be aware of what you touch.
- Call and check on your rides 24 hours in advance
- Check if your destination is open before booking your ride.
Canceled and Suspended Rides
Due to the high number of cancellations and suspensions, and the overall uncertainty of the situation, we ask that all paratransit riders or their caregivers call about their rides at least one day in advance to check on the status or cancellation. This will help us dispatch the correct amount of drivers and ensure that vehicles are only sent out when they absolutely need to be.
If you suspended your ride to a particular end date in the future, but you find out your destination will still be closed at that time, please notify us. If we aren't notified, buses could be dispatched and you will receive a no-show. As destinations begin to reopen, please plan ahead and give us a call to rebook your rides as soon as you know.
We appreciate your help during this difficult time!