Proposed Service Changes
Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transportation Commission held a public hearing to review and discuss service adjustments proposed for later in 2021.
After hearing public feedback, staff have changed some portions of the proposal, including removing the increased frequency of the Route 2, and instead reinstating a new Route 28 to better serve residents in the Eken Park neighborhood.
Commission members will review these proposals at their next meeting on Wednesday, March 10.
Continue to give feedback on proposed changes listed below.
Proposed service adjustments include:
- Route 10 – Route suspended. (Service added to Routes 28 and 38.)
- Route 27 – Route suspended. (Service added on Route 28.)
- Route 28 – Restore a modified Route 28 to serve Eken Park residents. Service times will be staggered with the Route 2 schedule so frequency is every 15 minutes. Map available soon.
- Route 38 – Weekday route restored with added mid-day service. During morning and afternoon peaks, buses run every 30 minutes in both directions between University Row/Whitney Way and Pflaum Rd. (via UW Hospital, Wilson/Square & Dennett/Dempsey). During mid-day, buses continue to run every 30 minutes in both directions between the University Row/Whitney Way and Isthmus area (via UW Hospital & Wilson/Square). (To offset suspension of Route 10.)
Maps of Proposed Changes:
- Route 6/26 – Schedule adjustment so that transfer can be made at East Towne from Route 26 to Route 6 on final weekday trip of the day.
- Route 81 – Route adjusted. Bus stop shifted from N. Franklin to N. Blair
- Bus stop changes - Due to safety reasons, stop removed on Whitney Way at Schroeder (ID #8418). Affects routes 18, 50 and 51. See Map
Passengers are encouraged to provide feedback on the proposal. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all phone and written comments received.
Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Proposed Changes, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison WI 53703.