Public Hearing Postponed
Proposed Service Changes Postponed until 2021
The public hearing scheduled for December 9 has been postponed until 2021. Please continue to provide your comments and feedback on the proposed changes.
Metro and the City of Madison Transportation Commission will revisit the proposed changes in 2021. Stay updated.
Proposed service adjustments for 2021 may include:
- Route 2 – Increase weekday frequency from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes in both directions between 6 am and 6 pm. (To offset suspension of Route 10 & 27.)
- Route 6/26 – Schedule adjustment so that transfer can be made at East Towne from Route 26 to Route 6 on final weekday trip of the day.
- Route 10 – Route suspended. (Service added to Routes 2 and 38.)
- Route 27 – Route suspended. (Service added on Route 2.)
- Route 38 – Weekday route restored with added mid-day service. During morning and afternoon peaks, buses run every 30 minutes in both directions between University Row/Whitney Way and Pflaum Rd. (via UW Hospital, Wilson/Square & Dennett/Dempsey). During mid-day, buses continue to run every 30 minutes in both directions between the University Row/Whitney Way and Isthmus area (via UW Hospital & Wilson/Square). (To offset suspension of Route 10.)
- Route 81 – Route adjusted. Bus stop shifted from N. Franklin to N. Blair
- Bus stop change - Due to safety reasons, stop removed on Whitney Way at Schroeder (ID #8418). Affects routes 18, 50 and 51.
Passengers are encouraged to continue to provide feedback on the proposal. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all phone and written comments received.
Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Proposed Changes, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison WI 53703.