Applications Being Accepted to Fill Twentieth Aldermanic District Vacancy
Must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 20, 2022
District 20 Alder Christian Albouras notified Council leadership of his resignation from the Madison Common Council effective May 20th at noon.
District 20 residents are invited to apply to fill this vacancy for the remainder of the term, which ends on April 18, 2023.
Check whether you live in District 20.
The Common Council President oversees the application process to fill the vacancy. Received applications are reviewed by the Common Council Executive Committee. This process includes an interview of applicants at a special Common Council Executive Committee meeting on Wednesday, May 25, at 6 p.m. After conducting interviews, the committee will make a recommendation to the Common Council. On Tuesday, June 7, 2022, the Common Council will appoint the interim District 20 Alder who will serve until April 18, 2023.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 20, 2022.
Applications should include:
- Telephone Number (Home/Mobile/Work)
- E-mail address
- A biographical resume should include education, work, neighborhood, and civic experience
- A statement on why you wish to serve
- A statement of what you wish to accomplish
- A statement on whether you plan to run for alderperson in the Spring 2023 election
The following is the timeline:
- Friday, May 20 at 4:30 p.m.: Applications to fill the vacancy due
- Wednesday, May 25 at 6 p.m.: Special CCEC Meeting for applicant interviews and recommendation of selected candidate to Council
- Tuesday, June 7at 6:30 p.m.: Common Council Meeting - Appointment of District 20 Interim Alder.