Beaches and Splash Parks Opening
Friday, May 24, 2019 - 10:37am
Beginning Saturday at 10:00am, all three Madison Parks splash parks are open for the season. Each is open with new extended hours for this year – 10:00am to 8:00pm.
Beaches are also opening this weekend and two will provide lifeguard service. B.B. Clarke and Vilas beaches will be staffed 11:00am to 7:00pm, Saturday through Monday, weather permitting. We anticipate staffing these beaches again on Saturday and Sunday - June 1 and 2 and June 8 and 9, ahead of the official lifeguard season, beginning Thursday and Friday, June 13 and 14.
Lifeguard Season Schedule and Locations
Beaches with multiple lifeguards (Thursday, June 13 - Monday, September 2)
- BB Clarke, 835 Spaight St.
- Olbrich, 3527 Atwood Ave.
- Tenney, 1330 Sherman Ave.
- Vilas, 1501 Vilas Park Dr.
Beaches with a single lifeguard (Friday, June 14 - Sunday, August 18)
- Bernie's, 901 Gilson St.
- Esther, 2802 Waunona Way
- Spring Harbor, 1918 Norman Way
- Warner, 1101 Woodward Dr.
- Cypress Spray Park, 902 Magnolia Ln.
- Elver Park, 1250 McKenna Blvd.
- Reindahl Park, 1818 Portage Rd.
Water quality testing performed by Public Health Madison & Dane County may list a beach as closed if a water test shows concerning results in bacteria or blue-green algae levels. During that time, there is no lifeguard service and you should avoid the water. The park, however, remains open to the public for other activities.
Goodman Pool will open for the season on Thursday, June 13, with free admission for the first 500 kids thanks to Goodman’s Jewelers! Full announcement coming the week of June 13.
- Media Contact: Ann Shea, Parks Public Information Officer, (608) 266-5949, email@example.com