Call for BLINK Temporary Public Art Proposals
Thursday, May 7, 2015 - 11:45am
Deadline June 1, 2015
The next deadline for BLINK is quickly approaching. This will be the last round of applications accepted until next fall. BLINK offers funding to local artists for temporary public art pieces. For guidelines and tips for applying visit the Madison Arts Commission website.
- Awards can range up to $1500 for a single project.
- More than one project can receive funding in each round.
- Individual artists may apply singly or in groups. You do not need to be affiliated with an arts organization or university to apply.
- All complete proposals will be reviewed
- BLINK is the only temporary public art program in Madison.
- You can submit proposals for ideas that don’t necessarily qualify for regular grant programs.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Successful Applicants gain hands-on experience in the field of public art (securing necessary permissions, permits, insurance, funding, engineering reviews, etc)
Have an idea? Email the City of Madison Arts Program Administrator to explore if your project is a good fit for Blink.
- Karin Wolf, Madison Arts Program Administrator, 608.261.9134, email@example.com