Call for Community Navigators: Town of Madison Attachment
MADISON, WI – Door-to-door outreach efforts will begin this summer to educate Town of Madison residents about its upcoming attachment to the City of Madison and City of Fitchburg. The application to become a community navigator is now open.
The City of Madison will absorb the Town of Madison Oct. 31, 2022. The communications team for the attachment process wants to hire community navigators to connect with Town of Madison residents, business owners and property owners, especially non-english speaking communities.
According to the 2010 census, 32 percent of the Town of Madison population does not speak English fluently. The vast majority of the non-English speakers are Hispanic or Latinx, followed by Mandarin and Tibetan speaking residents.
How to Apply
Any non-profit, community-based organization, or other grassroots group with experience conducting outreach in Madison can apply. Individual City or Town of Madison residents may also apply. Successful applicants will have experience working with the public, strong connections to the Town of Madison community, and good communication skills. The work will require availability to conduct outreach at a variety of times, including evenings and weekends.
Community Navigators can apply as individuals or organizations. If selected, individuals could earn between $1-2,000. If selected, organizations could earn $2-4,000.
Community navigators would be expected to:
- Attend meetings with City staff
- Make direct connections to Town residents, property owners and business owners
- Spread the word about the Town of Madison Attachment with door-to-door outreach
- Provide educational handouts and materials about the attachment process and service changes
- Answer frequently asked questions to residents, property and/or business owners
- Direct people to the Town of Madison Attachment website and hotline
- Complete basic reports to summarize outreach
- Document most frequently asked questions
- Complete a short evaluation at the end of the process to inform future outreach efforts
If you are unable to fill out the form online, PDFs or paper copies will still be accepted. PDFs or paper copies should be submitted either:
By email to email@example.com (use “Call for Community Navigators LOI” as the email subject)
Or dropped off or mailed to: City of Madison Planning Division Attn: Kirstie Laatsch 215 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. Ste 017 PO Box 2985 Madison, WI 53701-2985 Note: Applicants are also able to submit responses via video. Contact Kirstie for details (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-243-0470)
- Town of Madison Attachment Communications Team, email@example.com