Goodman Pool Set to Open July 15
The Irwin A. and Robert D. Goodman Pool is set to open next week, Wednesday, July 15 in three 2-hour sessions with limited capacities. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, pool guests will see a number of adjustments and precautions, including wearing a mask. Detailed information is posted on the Goodman Pool website.
What to Know Before Your Visit
- Arrive ready to swim.
- All lockers and changing rooms are closed.
- Bring a chair.
- Deck chairs are not provided this year.
- Wear a mask.
- All guests aged 5 years or older are required to wear a mask while in line and upon entering the Pool.
- Bring a water bottle. Water is allowed. Carry-in food and other beverages are not permitted.
- New touch-free water filling stations are available.
- Consider purchasing a Pool Play Pass in advance.
- Online or onsite Monday – Friday
All pool guests over the age of 5 are required to wear a mask while in line and upon entering the Goodman Pool. We encourage guests to help keep all Pool visitors and staff safe by maintaining a physical distance and wearing a mask in the restrooms, when receiving first aid and when interacting with Pool staff. See Public Health Madison & Dane County for information on how to get a mask.
- Weather permitting, three 2-hour sessions will be offered for recreational swimming each day with reduced capacity limits. (see Hours & Prices for more information)
- 12 – 2pm
- 2:30 – 4:30pm
- 5 – 7pm
- Admission is reduced to $3/ per person, per session
- Anyone aged 1 year and older
- Session admission may be purchased onsite by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard
- Frequent visitors may be interested in purchasing or applying for a scholarship for a Pool Play Pass good for 11 swim sessions for $30 (tax included). The Pool Play Pass line provides a touch-free entrance.
- All guests aged 5 years or older are required to wear a mask while in line and upon entering.
- Guests must maintain 6 feet physical distancing at all times with anyone outside of your household.
- Limited restrooms are open.
- Limited showers are available.
- Lockers are closed.
- Changing rooms are closed.
- Deck chairs are not provided.
- Concessions are closed.
- Water features are off. Water toys are not permitted.
- All staff will wear a face covering, except Lifeguards while on duty.
The Goodman staff are eager to open the pool to the public. You may see small groups of people at the pool prior to the official opening on July 15, such as the Goodman Waves Swim and Dive Team who continue to practice this season.
In response to the Madison Parks Foundation’s earlier announcement of a $40,000 donation to Goodman Pool admission scholarships, and to inspire the community to support these efforts, the Irwin A. & Robert D. Goodman Foundation has generously committed a dollar for dollar match towards admission scholarships. Visit Madison Parks Foundation to support these efforts.
Review the Goodman Pool website for more information on what to expect before and during your visit and to purchase your Pool Play Pass.