Home Composting Classes at Madison Public Library
Spring is just around the corner, and with the warmer weather come preparations for gardening and landscaping. Madison Public Library is pleased to announce a series of Home Composting classes, presented by the City of Madison Streets Division, at four Madison Public Library locations.
Taught by George Dreckmann, Recycling Coordinator for the City of Madison, these always-popular classes cover home compost basics, including an introduction to compostable materials, where to place your compost bin, and how to tend to your compost. Plans for building a compost bin will be available, and information regarding leaf management will also be presented. All classes are offered free of charge.
Join George Dreckmann at one of these classes and get started composting:
- Sunday, April 13, 2 pm, Pinney Library (204 Cottage Grove Rd.,224-7100)
- Saturday, April 26, 2 pm, Meadowridge Library (5740 Raymond Rd., 288-6160)
- Sunday, April 27, 2 pm, Central Library (201 W. Mifflin St., 266-6300)
- Saturday, May 24, 2 pm, Hawthorne Library (2707 E. Washington Ave., 246-4548)
Those interested in purchasing a compost bin have the opportunity to do so at the Madison Compost Bin and Rain Barrel Truckload Sale, to be held at the Alliant Energy Center on Saturday, May 3. Compost bins, rain barrels, kitchen scrap pails, and compost turners will be available at a discounted price. Bins and other equipment will be sold on a first come, first served basis, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or can be pre-ordered online at a discount. For more information on the sale, visit http://www.cityofmadison.com/streets/compost/CompostBinSale.cfm
- George Dreckmann, 608-267-2626, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tana Elias, 608-266-4953, email@example.com