Joint Domestic Violence Warrant Sweep
MPD and Dane County Sheriff's Office partner in effort
On Wednesday, October 17th, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office in partnership with the Madison Police Department took part in a national effort to arrest persons with outstanding family violence warrants.
The Annual Family Violence Apprehension Detail originated in Clackamas County, Oregon in 2002. This is the twelfth year the Dane County Sheriff’s Office has participated in the program, which takes place every October, Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The “SWEEP”, as its commonly known, demonstrates to offenders that they will be held accountable for their actions.
Between the two agencies, a total of 35 officers were working throughout Dane County yesterday to track down individuals with outstanding domestic violence warrants. There were a total of 185 attempts to serve warrants, and three arrests were made as part of the warrant sweep.
- Kywon A. Turner, age 17 of Madison. Arrested for Criminal Damage to Property with a Domestic Enhancer, as well as another charge of Disorderly Conduct with a Dangerous Weapon Enhancer
- Ramsey J. Hammonds, age 37 of Madison. Arrested for Battery and Aggravated Assault against a Disabled Person, Disorderly Conduct, Retail Theft and Bail Jumping
- Brandon R. Wright, age 21 of Madison. Arrested for Simple Battery and Disorderly Conduct, both with Domestic Abuse Enhancers.
- In addition to the arrests made as part of the warrant sweep, eight other individuals were arrested in Dane County on domestic related charges throughout the day. .
- Joel DeSpain, 608-266-4897, firstname.lastname@example.org