LINKcat Offline for Scheduled Upgrade December 6-10
Friday, November 22, 2019 - 10:03am
Madison Libraries open regular hours during the transition, but some services may not be available
The LINKcat online library catalog will be offline for a scheduled software update beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday Dec. 6 and ending on Tuesday Dec. 10. This will affect all public libraries in the seven-county South Central Library System.
During this offline period, due dates on library items will be extended to ensure minimal impact for library patrons. Additionally, there will be no overdue fines incurred during this four day period.
Patrons can visit local libraries to check out and return items during regular hours of operation or return items in after hours book drops. Library patrons can also use the library’s 24/7 eBook and eAudiobook collections through Wisconsin’s Digital Library.
During this down time, patrons and staff can:
- check out books and other materials in libraries with a library card
- pick up holds for themselves with their library card, or for a family member with their library card
- use our online databases and ebook collection if they had a library card in good standing as of December 5
- find books and materials in library collections or in other libraries with staff assistance
- use public computers to access the internet or print documents
and can not:
- look up or update any information on patron library records or about any books patrons have on hold or checked out
- check out materials without a physical library card
- place holds
- pay fines or damage charges
Once the update is complete, patrons will be able to use LINKcat to access the same services as before. There will be changes to the look of the site, but they will be minimal.
For additional information or help navigating these changes, patrons should contact their local public library. A list of all public libraries is available at the South Central Library System page.