Madison Parks Calendar Photography Winners Announced
Monday, November 23, 2020 - 10:00am
The first Madison Parks calendar debuted in the fall of 2016, after a successful photography contest and more than 300 images submitted. Since its inception, the photography contest has drawn hundreds of submitted photos taken in Madison Parks. While a number of the images are used, with credit to the photographer, to promote Parks projects and programs, only 13 are featured in each year’s calendar – one for each month plus the cover. This tradition continues for the 2021 Madison Parks Calendar.
Featuring new images each year, two things with the calendar remain the same.
- All proceeds from the sale of the calendars go to the Madison Parks Foundation.
- All submitted photos are judged without knowing the park location or the photographer.
This year, Parks staff and the Board of Park Commissioners participated in an online voting survey. Emily Gnam, President of the Madison Parks Board of Park Commissioners was one of the judges.
“The annual calendar is a great way to enjoy our parks year-round,” Gnam conveyed. “This year, we got to vote on the submissions. It was great to see the variety of ways people engage with Madison Parks, and I appreciate the talented photographers in our community. I’m excited to see the finished product!”
Included in this year’s winning calendar images are three conservation parks, Forest Hill Cemetery, and the beloved Tenney Park.
Without further ado, may we present the Madison Parks 2021 calendar winners:
- Cover: Bernie’s Beach by Kris Van Handel
- January: Tenney Park by Wendy Murkve
- February: Olbrich Botanical Gardens by Melissa Enderle
- March: Law Park by Tara Camfield
- April: Yahara Place Park by Tara Camfield
- May: Cherokee Marsh Conservation Park-South Unit by Wendy Murkve
- June: Orton Park by Tara Camfield
- July: Goodman Park by Claire Kopetsky
- August: Turville Point Conservation Park by Wendy Murkve
- September: Hoyt Park by Kris Van Handel
- October: Forest Hill Cemetery by Beth Holden
- November: Owen Conservation Park by James Bailey
- December: Law Park by Wendy Murkve
A huge thank you to everyone who participated! Limited quantities of the calendars are available and may be purchased online or by phone. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, all calendars will be shipped and the price of $14 includes shipping and tax.
Visit Madison Parks Calendar Photography, to see the winning images and to purchase calendars.
- Media Contact: Ann Shea, Parks Public Information Officer, email@example.com