Friday, May 23, 2014 - 1:30pm
Looking to do some swimming or hanging out on the beach this holiday weekend? Madison Park Regional beaches will be open for those looking to enjoy the lakes this Memorial Weekend. Lifeguard services are scheduled for this weekend, but are subject to change due to cool or rainy weather.
REGIONAL BEACHES, beginning June 13, 11a.m.-7p.m.:
BB Clarke Beach, 835 Spaight St.
Olbrich Park Beach, 3527 Atwood Ave
Tenney Park Beach, 1414 E. Johnson St.
Vilas Park Beach, 702 S. Randall St.
Pre-season REGIONAL Beach Lifeguard Services hours:
(please note, these are weather dependant)
- May 24 – May 26: Regional Beaches – 12:30p.m. – 6p.m.
- May 31 – June 1: Regional Beaches – 12:30p.m.-6p.m.
- June 7 - 8, 12:30p.m.-6p.m
NEIGHBORHOOD BEACHES, beginning June 13, 12:30p.m.-4:30p.m.:
Bernies Beach, 901 Gilson St.
Esther Beach, 2802 Waunona Way
James Madison Park Beach, 614 E. Gorham St.
Olin Park Beach, 1156 Olin-Turville Court
Spring Harbor Beach, 1918 Norman Way
Warner Park Beach, 2930 N. Sherman Ave.
Regular Season Hours begin Friday, June 13- Daily:
Beginning Friday, June 13, Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m. – 7p.m. and Neighborhood Beaches will have lifeguard services 12:30p.m. – 4:30p.m.
Please remember that Madison Parks provides the lifeguard services for the Madison Park public beaches and the water quality conditions are monitored by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Please be sure to check Public Health Madison & Dane County Beach Conditions for daily closings and condition reports.
Goodman Pool, 325 Olin Ave. – will open on Thursday, June 12
- Lap Swim times begin June 16
- Swimming Lessons (Session I) begin June 16! Now is a great time to sign up for swimming lessons – they are filling up fast! In fact – some already are full – so sign up today!
- Are you a Master Swimmer? Masters swimming is an organized, coached workout program promoting fitness for adults through the sport of swimming. It’s open to all adult swimmers who are dedicated to improving their fitness through swimming.
- Goodman Pool Waves Swim Team - Trying to keep the kids involved over the long vacation? Join Madison's only public pool All-City League Swim Team: the Goodman Pool Waves.
Cypress Spray Park, 902 Magnolia Ave.
Cypress Spray Park will open June 12 for the summer season today for a free, safe, and fun place for kids to cool off. The park has low-spray water features for toddlers and cascading water features for adolescents. The spray area will be open June 12 it will be open daily from 11a.m. to 7p.m. throughout the summer until Labor Day.
Remember to ‘Like’ us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter
- Laura Whitmore, 608-266-5949, firstname.lastname@example.org