Madison Public Library’s “Live Well @ Your Library” Provides Outdoor Wellness Activities at Meadowood Park
MADISON, WI -- Madison Public Library, Be Well Madison and Wisconsin Mujer, are hosting a series of events centered on health and wellness titled Live Well @ Your Library. Events take place the fourth Sunday of each month in different Madison Public Library neighborhoods from June-August, and focus on themes of Reflection, Renewal, Restoration and Celebration. In September, a longer culminating event will take place at Central Library with the Celebration theme.
Live Well @ Your Library: Renewal
Sunday, July 25, 1-3 p.m. | Meadowood Park (5810 Thrush Ln)
The second event in this in-person wellness series will be a multicultural, multigenerational and multisensory experience outdoors at Meadowood Park (located near Meadowridge Library). Children's activities will also be included so busy parents or caregivers can enjoy the event. Drop in or stay for the whole event! There will be a mixture of passive and experiential events offered throughout the event, including:
- Welcome table with giveaways from Be Well Madison and We Read (Madison Public Library)
- Health screening and information station with Sheray Wallace of the Meadowood Health Partnership
- 15 minute acupuncture sessions with Dr. Heidi Eimermann of Whole You Acupuncture
- A self guided station with a writing activity to add to a collective Wish and Reflection Board
- A self-guided station for kids featuring the Bubbler’s Mini Maker kits
- An all-ages gardening activity featuring MPL’s Seed Library
- Opportunity to contribute to a brief survey about wellness service access in your community
Experiential Events Schedule:
- 1:15pm All ages yoga with Big Om, Little Om (yoga mats will be provided onsite)
- 1:45pm: Bilingual (Spanish/English) cooking demonstration with Luz Alder Urtubey and Araceli Esparza
- 2:15: Community Conversation about wellness led by Araceli Esparza & Jamie Pekarek Krohn
- 2:15: Natural movement and play for youth with Rock Hancock of MovNat Madison
Rain location is Meadowridge Library.
Live Well @ Your Library: Restoration | Sunday, August 29, 1-3 p.m. | Goodman South Madison Library
Live Well @ Your Library: Celebration | Sunday, September 19, 1-4:30 p.m. | Central Library
"Live Well @ Your Library" is inspired by the work of Venus Washington, Jasmine Timmons, Araceli Esparza and Nikki Cook and their "Nourish You" Library Takeover Project, and seeks to empower those who have not always felt included in traditional wellness spaces, particularly BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) communities. These events are made possible thanks to grants from Lululemon and All of Us - UW.
Register and learn more at madpl.org/livewell.
Can't participate but interested in future programming? Participate in the Live Well @ Your Library Community Wellness Survey
About Madison Public Library
The Madison Public Library's tradition of promoting education, literacy, and community involvement has enriched the City of Madison for more than 145 years. All nine library locations are currently open for in-person browsing, pickup-up of holds, computer service and in-person reference.
- Abigail Ryan, Community Engagement Librarian, Madison Public Library, 608-266-6385, firstname.lastname@example.org