MPD Customer Service Updates [COVID-19 Impact]
While the public windows at our district stations (including the central district) remain open, our support service windows in the City County Building are closed to the public. This will impact availability of some services we typically provide; some updates:
- Parking Citations can be paid the following ways:
- Online at www.madisonpay.com
- By mail: City Treasurer, P.O. Box 20, Madison, WI 53701-0020
- At any of the MPD District Stations (excluding the Central District); no cash payments can be accepted at these locations
- For other parking citation questions or to contest a citation, call (608) 266-4170
- To make arrangements to retrieve an impounded vehicle, call (608) 266-4170. Vehicle releases will be appointment only.
- To retrieve property from MPD please call (608) 266-4955. Releases will be by appointment only.
- Public records requests can be made in the following ways:
- By calling (608) 266-4075
- By emailing email@example.com
- Sending a fax to: (608) 267-1117
- By mail: Madison Police Records, 211 South Carroll Street, Madison, WI 53703
- Routine public fingerprinting services are suspended until further notice
Please understand that most of our civilian support staff is working from home during this time, and there may be delays in responding to voicemail or email requests. While our district stations remain open during normal business hours, this is to retain access for those needing essential MPD services. Please try a phone call for routine requests or issues. MPD's front-line, core services remain fully operational.