On-Street Metered and Time-Limit Parking Restrictions Temporarily Relaxed
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 4:03pm
In an effort to accommodate the community and respond to temporary changes in neighborhood and business on-street parking needs, some on-street metered and time-limit parking restrictions will be relaxed, effective 8:00 AM on Wednesday, March 18th through Sunday, April 5th, 2020.
What does this mean for you?
This simply means that on-street metered spaces, Residential Permit Only restrictions and 1-hour & 2-hour time-limit restrictions in non-metered areas, will not be enforced city-wide during this time period. All other restrictions should be followed.
What to remember to avoid citation:
- You cannot park in posted “No Parking” areas (marked with paint, signs and hoods). These are still valid and enforceable.
- Vehicles are required to move every 48 hours, or could be considered an abandoned vehicle and subject to citation and towing.
- Vehicles still need to allow City services to complete their work, including garbage collection.
- Hangtags are still required to park in designated Dis/Vet stalls.
- Do not park in marked Metro Bus stops
- Street sweeping and Clean Streets-Clean Lakes restrictions are still in effect for posted dates and times.
- Leave loading zones free for day to day business needs from 8am – 6pm, Monday-Friday.
- All off-street garages and lots are operating as normal and will still require payment.
Information about the Parking Division can be found at: www.cityofmadison.com/parking-utility
- City of Madison Parking Division, 608-266-4761, firstname.lastname@example.org