Archived News: This news release is more than one year old and may include outdated information.

Voter registration is not available the Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before an election, but you are able to register at your polling place on Election Day.

You can check your voter registration on the MyVote Wisconsin website. If you moved before March 9 – even to a new apartment in the same building – you will need to update your voter registration. If you moved within 28 days of the primary (on or after March 9), you will not have been at your new address long enough to establish residency for voting purposes. You will only be eligible to vote at the polling place for your previous address.

Proof of residence is needed when registering to vote and it may be electronic.  You can use any of the following documents can be used as proof of residence. The name and address on the document need to be current, and they need to match the name and address you list on the voter registration form:

  • Utility bill issued in the last 90 days (water, gas, electric, phone, cable, or internet)
  • Bank statement (bank, credit union, credit card, mortgage)
  • Current and valid Wisconsin driver license/ID
  • Government document (federal, state, county, municipal, tribal, UW, Madison College, or public school)
  • Paycheck
  • Residential lease effective on day of registration
  • Certified housing list from UW-Madison or Edgewood College (available at the polls on Election Day)
  • Affidavit from a social service agency providing services to the homeless
  • Contract or intake document from a nursing home or residential care facility

To determine your polling place, visit


City Hall