Spring Election Ballot
Monday, March 8, 2021 - 8:14am
The Spring Election is on Apr. 6, 2021.
Several offices are up for election on April 6:
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Dane County Circuit Court Judge: Branches 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, & 17
- Dane County Executive
- Dane County Board Supervisor: Districts 4 & 12
- City of Madison Municipal Judge
- City of Madison Alderperson: Districts 1 – 20
- Board Member: all school districts within the City of Madison boundary
- Madison: Seats 1 & 2
- Sun Prairie
- DeForest: Village of DeForest, Towns of Vienna & Leeds, At-Large
- Waunakee: Town of Westport, Town of Vienna
- Verona: Portion 1, At-Large
- Middleton/Cross Plains: Areas II, IV, V
- Monona Grove
There will also be four (4) advisory referendum questions on the ballot. These questions are non-binding, which means implementation of these actions or policies will require further action by the Common Council or the electorate.
- Madison currently has a part-time Common Council who are paid approximately thirteen-thousand seven hundred ($13,700) per year. Beginning with the 2023 Spring Election, SHOULD the City of Madison transition to a full-time Common Council with each Common Council Member earning between fifty percent (50%) to eighty percent (80%) of the Adjusted Median Income for Dane County for a single parent with two children (approximately $45,000 to $71,000) per year?
- Madison currently has a part-time Common Council comprised of twenty (20) alderpersons, one from each alderperson district. Beginning with the 2023 Spring Election, SHOULD the size of the City of Madison Common Council:
remain the same?
- Madison alderpersons are currently elected to two (2) year terms. The Madison Mayor is currently elected to four (4) year terms. Beginning with the 2023 Spring Election, SHOULD City of Madison alderpersons be elected to four (4) year terms?
- Madison alderpersons are currently not subject to term limits. Beginning with the 2023 Spring Election, if the City transitions to a full-time Common Council SHOULD the City of Madison alderpersons be subject to term limits of twelve (12) consecutive years?
All City of Madison voters will see the same races for State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Dane County Circuit Court Branches, Dane County Executive, and Municipal Judge. The same four advisory referendum questions will also be on every ballot.
The City of Madison Assessor’s Office website allows you to find out what Aldermanic district and school district you live in. Search by your address on the Property Look-up page. Your Aldermanic district will be listed under “City Hall,” and your school district will be listed under “School Details.”
You will be able to view a sample ballot for your address on the MyVote Wisconsin website starting March 16.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl, (608) 266-4601, firstname.lastname@example.org