Town of Madison Attachment Public Meeting Scheduled
The next in-person public information meeting involving the Town of Madison Attachment is scheduled for 6:00 p.m., June 9, 2022, at the Penn Park shelter. The meeting will have interpreters in Spanish. There will be free food and childcare will be provided.
This is the fourth public information meeting to help Town of Madison residents understand all of the changes they will see when they become part of the City of Madison later this year.
The meeting on June 9 will cover the following topics:
- Public safety
- Including Police and Fire services
- Community Development Programs
- Including financial assistance and grant programs
The City of Madison will give a short presentation about each topic. After the presentations, City staff will be available to answer questions.
The City of Madison and City of Fitchburg will absorb the Town of Madison on or before Oct. 31, 2022. A number of service changes will occur for the incoming attached municipality. The progression toward the official day of attachment for the Town of Madison is important from a communication standpoint for the residents who will be impacted. It is also important for the City of Madison and Fitchburg, because the respective municipalities want the Town of Madison residents, businesses and property owners to feel welcome, prepared and informed.
Stay Connected with Town of Madison Resources
- Town of Madison Attachment Website in English
- Town of Madison Attachment Website in Chinese
- Town of Madison Attachment Website in Spanish
- Town of Madison Podcast Episode
- Town of Madison Attachment Hotline: 608-267-1188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela Puerta, 608-267-1188, email@example.com