Traffic Enforcement Safety Team
North, South and East Districts Targeted This Week
The Madison Police Department’s Traffic Enforcement Safety Team (T.E.S.T.), in addition to other enforcement efforts, will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in the following areas:
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014
- North District– 5000 E. Washington Av. (55 MPH Zone) (Speed Enforcement)
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014
- South District– 1700-1800 Fish Hatchery Road. (30 MPH Zone) (Speed Enforcement)
- Thursday, January 30, 2014
- East District– 400-600 blocks of N. Thompson Drive. (Seatbelt Enforcement)
The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement. Although law enforcement efforts are an important part of public safety, we rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
The Madison Police Department supports the “Zero In Wisconsin” campaign and believes that we all can make a difference. Please remember to drive safely and to “buckle up.” State law now allows law enforcement to stop a vehicle when the driver is not observed wearing a safety belt. The Madison Police Department also reminds motorists that state law requires that vehicles yield right–of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks. Remember – don’t drink and drive!
- Joel DeSpain, 266-4897, firstname.lastname@example.org