Transportation Office Closed to the Public – Services Still Available by Phone and On-Line
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Transportation office, Divisions of Traffic and Parking, will be closed to the public for walk in business due to the COVID-19 virus precautionary measures. Staff will still be present to address calls and emails occurring during typical office hours.
Some limited exceptions may be made by appointment only, but these will be determined for specific services and will require calling in advance of arrival.
Please remember, most of our services are still available online:
- Street Occupancy Permit – Construction, moving or temporary storage.
Applications are only being accepted via email at SOP@cityofmadison.com.
- Residential Permit Parking Program:
Application and payment process can be completed on-line. Once verified and approved, the permit is mailed to the applicant.
- Contractor Permits – for meter use
Applications and payment for these permits can also be submitted by email or fax.
For additional information and forms for permitting options: https://www.cityofmadison.com/parking-utility/permits
GARAGES AND LOTS:
Off-street facilities do require payment every day, 24 hours of the day.
- Advance notice of parking of availability: https://www.cityofmadison.com/parking-utility/garages-lots/current-hourly-parking-availability
- Pay-on-foot stations near most walking entrances for payment of parking, credit/debit card payment options at exit gates.
- Rate information: https://www.cityofmadison.com/parking-utility/garages-lots/hourly-rates
The Traffic Engineering and Parking Division offer a number of additional services though department websites:
Traffic Engineering: https://www.cityofmadison.com/trafficengineering
Parking Division: https://www.cityofmadison.com/parking-utility