Update--Traffic Impacts--W Johnson Street & Charter Street
Terra Engineering & Construction continues construction on a University of Wisconsin steam tunnel in North Charter Street, between University Avenue and West Johnson Street. Impacts to traffic are as follows:
- North Charter Street—University Avenue to West Johnson Street
- Northbound traffic closed at all times thru late November
- Southbound traffic lane closed weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Sidewalk always open on west side
- Sidewalk closed on east side of Charter Street
- West Johnson Street at North Charter Street
- Four lanes of traffic reduced to two lanes of traffic for sanitary work until Friday, September 21
- Sidewalk will always be open on at least one side of W Johnson Street
The lane closures of West Johnson Street create severe travel delays during the weekday, afternoon, peak traffic times. Drivers should avoid using West Johnson Street, west of North Charter Street during this time, if possible.
Direct any questions to the contact listed.
- Tom Mohr--City Traffic Engineering, 608-267-8725, email@example.com