Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 12:00pm
Festival, October 20-23, occurs in and around Madison's Central Library
The four-day Wisconsin Book Festival will take place October 20-23, 2016, in and around Madison Public Library’s Central Library in downtown Madison, Wisconsin.
This year’s lineup includes:
- 2016 Pulitzer Prize winner for Fiction Viet Thanh Nguyen for The Sympathizer & Nothing Ever Dies
- Beloved Wisconsin author Jane Hamilton for The Excellent Lombards
- 2014 National Book Award Winner Jacqueline Woodson for Brown Girl Dreaming at the Charlotte Zolotow Lecture
- Former Director of Wisconsin Public Radio Jack Mitchell for Wisconsin on the Air
- New York Times Bestselling author of the Aimée Leduc mysteries Cara Black for Murder on the Quai
- Celebrated writer and Hmong activist Kao Kalia Yang for The Song Poet
- YA author of the Legend and The Young Elites series Marie Lu for The Midnight Star
- Groundbreaking journalist and cultural commentator Jeff Chang for We Gon’ Be Alright
- True Blood creator Charlaine Harris for All The Little Liars
The festival will feature 70 events over four days with plenty of opportunities to meet authors, discover new books or favorite writers, and have books signed. Check out Wisconsin Book Festival events in partnership with the Wisconsin Science Festival, events for children and young adults, events featuring Wisconsin authors, events exploring discussions of racial justice and social equity, recent author interviews by Wisconsin Public Radio, events in partnership with Year of Shakespeare in Wisconsin, Passing the Mic Festival events, or see the entire Wisconsin Book Festival schedule on the festival web site, or in The Isthmus (printable version). In addition to the Festival each fall, the Wisconsin Book Festival Events Series offers author events throughout the year.
The Wisconsin Book Festival is hosted by Madison Public Library in partnership with the Madison Public Library Foundation. Festival sponsors make this event possible through their private support. 2016 Wisconsin Book Festival sponsors include: Madison Public Library Foundation, American Girl’s Fund for Children, Friends of UW-Madison Libraries, UW-Madison Memorial Library, Marvin J. Levy, Nimick Forbesway Foundation, Wisconsin Humanities Council, Cheryl Rosen Weston, Great Dane Pub and Brewing Company, Pleasant T. Rowland Foundation, Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission, Madison Arts Commission, A Room of One’s Own, Webcrafters-Frautschi Foundation, with in kind donations by Cricket Design Works and Edgewater Hotel and media sponsors Isthmus and Wisconsin Public Radio.