Last Updated: 01/04/2018
The replacement of the playground at Dudgeon School Park playground is included as part of the City of Madison Parks Division's Capital Budget in 2018!
Parks began public meetings to discuss the project in advance of the finalization of the budget to keep the planning and construction bidding process on-schedule for construction in 2018. The first of two meetings was held on October 26th to discuss playground equipment age range, surfacing, proposed project location, timeframe and budget. Materials from that session can be found at the links, below.
The second meeting to vote on the specific equipment to be installed at the park was held on December 12th at Wingra School. At that session the majority of attendees voted for Option #1 as the preferred equipment, with the request to see the structure in a dark green / lime green color scheme. This option is shown, together with the original proposals reviewed at the second meeting, below. UPDATE: the votes are in, and the revised color scheme on the Option #1 equipment will be installed at the park in 2018! Thanks to all who attended a meeting and/or made their voice heard on behalf of the playground planning process!
You are invited to provide comments or input on the proposed project. If you have questions or comments, please contact Kate Kane at (608) 261-9671 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Playground Meeting #2 at Wingra School:
- Dudgeon School Park Option 1 - EQUIPMENT SELECTED BY ATTENDEES
- Dudgeon School Park Option 1_Revised Color Scheme_COLOR SELECTED BY VOTES RECEIVED ON/BEFORE 12/27/17
- Dudgeon School Park Option 2
- Dudgeon School Park_Proposed Playground Location
Playground Workshop Session - October 26 at Midvale Elementary:
- Dudgeon School Park Adjacent Playgrounds
- Dudgeon School Park Existing Condition
- Dudgeon School Park Site Photographs
- Dudgeon School Park Workshop Staff Notes
- Dudgeon School Park playground equipment board votes