If you have received a Parking Ticket you have five options:
- Pay Online
- Pay by Check or Money Order
- Pay in Person
- Request a Court date to litigate a Parking Ticket
- Request to have your Parking Ticket Reviewed to determine if the Parking Ticket was issued in error.
1. Pay online:
To proceed, please have the following items ready:
Go to: Pay a Parking Ticket Online
2. Pay by check or money order:
Mail a check or money order payable to:
City Treasurer, PO BOX 20,
Madison, WI, 53701-0020
Write the citation number on the check or money order.
Please do not send cash.
3. Pay in person:
Court Services, Madison Police Department, Rm. GR 21, 211 S. Carroll Street, Madison, WI 53703
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Accepted forms of payment: cash, money order, checks (that meet certain requirements), Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or debit card.
4. Request a Court date:
You will need to:
- Wait five days from ticket issue date.
Call (608) 266-4170 to schedule a Court Date
Parking Court is held on Tuesdays at 11:00 am and is by appointment only.
Go to: Court Services for more information.
Please note: Even though you may dispute a parking ticket, there are many reasons why a parking ticket will not be dismissed. Go to: What are reasons why my parking ticket will not be dismissed?
What if my parking ticket was issued on Private Property - do I still have to pay?
Go to: Tickets on Private Property
5. Fill out the online Parking Ticket Review Form:
Please note: If you think this ticket was issued in error, you need to set-up a court date with Court Services to be seen in Municipal Court. If you would like to have your ticket reviewed for error, then fill out the Parking Ticket Review Form. Parking tickets will only be dismissed, if the Madison Police Department determines that the ticket has been issued in error.)
You will need to:
- Fill out the online form.
- Be sure that you submit the form within ten days of when the parking ticket was issued.
- And give an explanation of why you thought the ticket was issued in error. (Go to: Reasons why ticket will not be dismissed).