Cyclocross at The Glen
We've partnered with Capital Off-Road Pathfinders in offering a free, temporary cyclocross course to practice your biking skills. You will need a bike with knobby tires, such as a mountain bike style and a good-fitting helmet. Cyclocross is a form of bicycle racing similar to cross-country running but on a bicycle. Courses feature wooded trails, grass, pavement, steep hills, and obstacles. Participants will need to stay on the clearly marked course at The Glen, which is temporary for this event only. The Glen House is open for refreshments.
See Cyclocross for more information.
Open to all ages. No experience and no registration is required.
2023 Temporary Practice Course Evenings
- Wednesday, August 23 Door Creek Park, 7035 Littlemore Dr.
- Wednesday, September 6 Olin Park, 202 E. Lakeside St.
- Wednesday, September 20 Olbrich Park, 3527 Atwood Ave.
- Wednesday, October 4 Sycamore Park, 830 Jana Lane
- Wednesday, October 18 The Glen Golf Park, 3747 Speedway Road
- Wednesday, November 1 Aldo Leopold Park, 2906 Traceway Dr.
Capital Off Road Pathfinders (CORP) maintains a year-round cyclocross practice course at Northeast Park. Suitable for beginners, the course is free to use and open to the public. A course map, trail description, and trail conditions is maintained on the CORP website.