2015 Men's and Women's City Public Links Tournament
August 29 & 30, 2015:
Tee times beginning at 7:30 am both days. Tee times for the Sunday round will be determined at the conclusion of the Saturday round based on player performance. Please call Odana (608) 266-4724 or Yahara (608) 838-3126 after 5:00 pm Saturday to receive your Sunday tee time.
Championship and A Flights will play the Blue Tees. B, C and D Flights will play the White Tees. All Women's Flights will play the Gold Tees.
Entry Fee: $40.00 cash only. Paid to Odana Hills, Yahara Hills, Monona or Glenway golf shop staff by Monday, August 24 at 5:00 pm. No late entries will be accepted. Entry fee covers purse, range balls, Breakfast Buffet before play on day 2 and The Champion's Cookout Dinner beginning at 5:00pm following play on day 2.
Greens Fees: $54.00 plus tax. Walking rate. $44.00 plus tax with City of Madison Loyalty Card. $40.00 plus tax with City of Madison Loyalty Plus Card. Greens fees cover both days. Paid the first day of the event.
Flighted Championship: Flights determined by number of entries. Championship, A, B and C Flights play gross. D and Women's flights will be determined by number of entries.
- Trophy awarded to the Public Links Champions only. (Men's and Women's)
- All awards will be given in the form of a City of Madison Gift Card.
- Range balls and meal will not be included in the entry fee. Cookout to follow Day 2 play.
- Participant withdrawals can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Within 48 hours of the tournament, no tournament entry refunds will be granted.
Optional: $10.00 SKINS GAME paid on day one of the event will cover skins for both days. Championship and A Flights will have its own gross skins game, B and C Flights will have its own gross skins game. D Flight will have its own net skins game. Women will have skins determined by number of entries.
Eligibility Requirements: Open to all public course amateur golfers both men and women. Must have a valid WSGA Handicap as of 8/15/15. High school competitors may only accept the championship trophy.
Dress Code: Proper golf attire, including a shirt, slacks, skirt or shorts and shoes.
Entry Deadline: Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5:00 pm
City of Madison Public Links Tournament Information
- If in the unlikely event of inclement weather, all players have completed 9 holes, but not all players have completed 18-holes, the daily event scores will be based on 9-holes. If any players fail to complete 9-holes due to weather, the day will be cancelled and the event will become an 18-hole competition.
- If inclement weather cancels play on one day, but not the other, rain checks will be issued for the course that was to be played.
- If inclement weather cancels play on both days, entry fees will be returned to players in the form of City of Madison Gift Cards.
- Any players competing for the overall Public Links Championship will play a sudden death playoff beginning on Hole #1 and following holes in succession until a Champion is determined.
- Only players in the Championship and A Flight may challenge for the overall Championship. Women will play for their own Championship.
- Any ties within A, B, C and D flights will be broken by a sudden death scorecard playoff starting at the #1 handicap hole and following in succession by handicap holes until a Flight Champion is determined.
- Each flight will pay out the top 20% of its field. All prize money will be awarded in the form of a City of Madison Gift Card that can be picked up at the conclusion of the tournament.
- Skin money will be awarded in the form of a City of Madison Gift Card that can be picked up at the conclusion of the tournament.
Drawing for Season Pass, Hole in One and Door Prizes
- Participants that withdraw from the tournament are not eligible. Must be present to win door prizes, do not need to be present to win 2016 Season Pass Membership.