If you have received a Parking Ticket, you have five options:
Before paying a ticket(s) there are some important facts to be aware of:
- You may pay multiple parking tickets per online session. However, each parking ticket must be entered individually. For example, if you have 2 tickets for $20 each, you cannot enter one payment for just 1 of those tickets in the amount of $40. That would be considered a $20 overpayment for the 1 ticket and the other ticket would still be outstanding.
- If your registration has been suspended, be aware that payments made online may take up to three days to apply against your outstanding ticket balance. If your license plate registration has been suspended due to the previous nonpayment of your ticket, it may take up to five days from the date you make your online payment for the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles to clear the suspension.
- Parking Fee Notices received in the City's parking ramps are not payable online at this time. These tickets are designated by a Notice number beginning with the letter "P".
- If you would like to know what tickets you currently have due, contact:
Madison Police Department Court Services
Call: (608) 266-4170
Look up online: Parking Ticket Look-up
Mail a check or money order payable to:
PO Box 20
Madison, WI 53701-0020
Write the citation number on the check or money order. NO CASH ACCEPTED.
The Madison Police Department offers one full-service payment center and four modified payment centers for your convenience. Please read through the following qualifications to determine your in-person payment options:
Full Service Payment Location
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Follow signs to Ground Floor
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 4 pm
Accepted forms of payment
Cash, Money Order, Checks (that meet certain requirements), Visa or Mastercard
If any of the following conditions exist, parking citations must be paid at the Central District:
- If you wish to pay with cash. Cash payments are only accepted at the Central District.
- If your vehicle has been impounded.
- If you have a volume of outstanding fines that requires that our database records be searched by Court Services Staff
- If you are unable to submit your ticket or a copy of your late notice so that our offices may properly locate your citation and credit your payment.
Modified Payment Locations
4020 Mineral Point Rd.
Madison, WI 53705
2033 Londonderry Dr.
Madison, WI 53704
825 Hughes Pl.
Madison, WI 53713
809 S. Thompson Dr.
Madison, WI 53716
1710 McKenna Blvd.
Madison, WI 53711
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm
Accepted forms of payment
Money order, Personal Checks (that meet certain requirements,) Visa or Mastercard. NO CASH ACCEPTED.
You will need to:
- Wait five days from ticket issue date.
- Call (608) 266-4170 to schedule a Court Date
- Parking court is held on Tuesdays at 10:30 am and is by appointment only. If you cannot resolve your case at that initial court appearance your case will be set for trial on another date and time to be determined by the court.
Go to: Court Services for more information.
Please note: Even though you may dispute a parking ticket, there are many reasons why a parking ticket will not be dismissed. Go to: What are reasons why my parking ticket will not be dismissed
What if my parking ticket was issued on Private Property - do I still have to pay?
Go to: Tickets on Private Property
Please note: If you think this ticket was issued in error, you need to set-up a court date with Court Services to be seen in Municipal Court. If you would like to have your ticket reviewed for error, then fill out the Parking Ticket Review Form. Parking tickets will only be dismissed, if the Madison Police Department determines that the ticket has been issued in error.