The Senior Center is not able to open, but we invite you to join our virtual programs. If you don't have a computer, ask about our Tablets2Go program.
Posted on Tuesday, May. 7, 2019 at 4:03 pm
Each year, more and more older adults are making a positive impact in and around Dane County. As volunteers, employees, employers, educators, mentors, advocates, and more, they offer insight and experience that benefit the entire community. That’s why Older Americans Month (OAM) has been recognizing the contributions of this growing population for 56 years. Led by the Administration for Community Living (ACL) each May, OAM provides resources to help older Americans stay healthy and independent, and resources to help communities support and celebrate their diversity.
This year’s Older American's Month (OAM) theme, Connect, Create, Contribute, encourages older adults and their communities to:
- Connect with friends, family, and local services and resources.
- Create through activities that promote learning, health, and personal enrichment.
- Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others.
Madison Senior Center will celebrate OAM by promoting ways that community members of all ages can take part in helping our community to thrive. We encourage you to:
- Connect: www.madisonseniorcenter.org or 266-6581 or check us out on FB or Twitter.
- Create: Send us your pictures or anecdotes of older adults making a difference in the community. We will create a collage to share with what you send in. Drop off or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contribute: Sign up to volunteer for a special event, program or committee. Call John at 267-2344 or email him at email@example.com.
Communities that support and recognize older adults are stronger! Join us in strengthening our community—this May and throughout the year.