Positive Attitude Month
Posted on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018 at 10:35 am
Positive Attitude Month is an annual designation observed in October. A positive attitude is the best trait you can carry with you, because it makes any difficult or frustrating situation a lot easier to deal with. If you look at most scenarios as “glass half empty,” now is the time to change that! Looking at things with a “glass half full” perspective is a small thought process that makes a big difference. Research suggests there are lasting benefits to keeping a positive attitude.
- Longer life span because of overall lower stress levels
- Lower chance of depression
- More resistance to sicknesses like the common cold
- Increased physical and mental well being
- Less risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- More developed coping skills during challenges.
Finally, your positive energy will result in more overall motivation, more friends, and many more happy memories. Of course, life can be extremely challenging. In our work and personal lives, speed bumps will always present themselves… there’s really nothing we can do about it. So, why not try to make the best of every situation we are thrown into.
Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?