An Artful Affair
An Artful Affair is an annual event put on by the Madison Senior Center showcasing the work of artists aged 55 and older. The artwork is displayed in the gallery on the second floor of the senior center for the month of May in celebration of Older Americans Month.
We welcome all interested artists to enter for a chance to win one of 14 awards, including cash prizes for the top eight recipients! Judges are selected from the local community.
- Open to Dane County artists, 55 or older
- All artists must complete registration form and
- Pay the $25 registration fee
- Artwork submitted at previous An Artful Affair shows cannot be entered
- Up to three works of art may be submitted
- Finished, framed artwork must not exceed 3’x3’ without approval
- Artists may sell their work. A minimum 10% donation to the Madison Senior Center is expected
- Acceptable media includes: watercolor, pastel (chalk or oil), oil pant, acrylic paint fiber art, ink/pencil drawing, print making, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics
- Print and complete your registration form.
- Submit your form and the $25 entry fee* on the drop-off date in person
Madison Senior Center Foundation, Inc
330 W. Mifflin St.
Madison, WI 53703
*Entrance fees may be cash, check, Mastercard or Visa. Please make checks payable to Madison Senior Center Foundation
Entry Disclaimer: The Madison Senior Center (MSC) respects and values each art object and takes special precautions in handling and displaying the art. However, all entering artists display their work at their own risk with no responsibility for damages assumed by the MSC.
Registration and Drop Off: April 21, 2020, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Official Exhibit Opening: Gallery Night, May 2, 2020
Exhibit free and open to the public
Artist Pick up art from the Senior Center on Friday, Monday, June 1, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Best of Show (1) - $100 gift card
Award of Excellence (1) $75 gift card
Judges’ Choice (3) - $50 gift card
Honorable Mention (3) - $25 gift card
Round of Applause Ribbons (6)