Metro Transit to Hold Public Hearing to Discuss August Service Changes
Location: Madison Municipal Building
215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. – Room 215
Please use Doty St. Entrance
Route 3 – Improve On-Time Performance
This route chronically misses connections at transfer points, which causes large numbers of passengers to miss transfers and be late throughout the day. With a goal of reducing late buses to transfer points by 50%, a number of changes are being proposed to speed up the route including:
- Westbound service shift from MLK Jr. Blvd. to King St.
- Eastbound service shift from Winnebago St./Atwood Ave. to Eastwood Dr.
- “Via Division” segment eliminated - all trips operate "via Winnebago"
- Consolidated stops on Jenifer St., Atwood Ave., and Walter St.
Additional routes affected:
- Route 4: Westbound service shift from MLK Jr. Blvd. to King St.
- Route 7: Eastbound service shift from Winnebago/Atwood to Eastwood
- Route 37: Eastbound service shift from Winnebago/Atwood to Eastwood.
Routes 32, 33 & 39 – To Serve New Pinney Library
- Route 32: Service shift from Acewood to Dempsey. Service loop proposed to operate counter-clockwise at all times.
- Route 33: Service loop proposed to reverse.
- Route 39: Service removed from Buckeye and Vondron. All trips operate via Dempsey.
Route 29 – Northside Town Center Park & Ride Removed
- Service shifted from Packers/Northport to Aberg/Sherman Ave.
- Service removed from Kings Mill.
- Loop reversed on Langley/Cottontail
- Service shifted from Struck to Rayovac Dr.
- Service shifted from Ganser/West Towne Mall road to High Point/Mineral Point Rd.
UW Campus – Routes 80, 81, 82 & 84
- Route 80 & 84: Revised routes schedules to help with overcrowding and keep buses on schedule.
- Routes 81 & 82: Revised late-night service.
Additional Bus Stop Changes
Select stops are proposed to close, shift or change on Jenifer, Winnebago, Atwood, Walter, Odana, Mills, Regent, Gorham, Johnson, Hamilton, Milwaukee, Spaight, Rogers, Rutledge, and Oakridge.
Interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing to give feedback. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all written comments received.
Comments can be submitted at mymetrobus.com/feedback. Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Public Hearing Comments, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison WI 53703 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Madison Municipal Building is accessible to people who use mobility aids and is equipped with assistive listening devices.
If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please contact Metro Transit at (608) 266-4904 at least three business days prior to the meeting.
- Metro Customer Service Center, 608-266-4466