Public Works Contracting Disparity Study
Overview of the Study
The City of Madison Public Works Contracting Disparity Study analyzed whether there is a level playing field for minority- and women-owned firms when competing for City public works contracts and subcontracts. The study assessed what the City might do to increase opportunities for minority- and women-owned firms in the Dane County construction industry. This research will help the City determine if its Small Business Enterprise Program is effective for including minority- and women-owned businesses or whether other measures are needed.
The public will have many opportunities to provide input as part of the study.
- The study team conducted personal interviews with business owners, trade associations and other groups.
- The study team performed telephone interviews with hundreds of area businesses.
- The City provided study results for public review and comment in March 2015.
- The City held public forums in March 2015 to receive additional input.
- The final report includes these public comments.