BUSINESS PLANNING ASSISTANCE
STARTING A BUSINESS
- EIN (Employer Identification Number) - The Internal Revenue Department's online application for this federal business requirement.
- Register a business name as a sole proprietor or general partnership or association. The Dane County Register of Deeds has the information for this type of registration.
- Register a business name as a LLC, LLP, Corporation or Limited Partnership AND to check if a name is already in use - This State of Wisconsin website has the information and contacts.
- City of Madison Clerk's Office: Applications & Licenses - The City of Madison does not have a general business license however certain types of businesses are required to be licensed. See this chart for an alphabetical listing of licenses.
City of Madison Liquor License - Questions and answers relating to Alcohol Beverage Licenses in the City of Madison.
Small Business Development Center - Run by the acclaimed School of Business at the University of Wisconsin, the Center offers free business counseling and many short courses on owning and operating a business.
Licenses & Permits for Businesses - State of Wisconsin website using a question and answer online program to identify permit, license, tax and employment requirements specific to your business.
Downtown Madison-Taking Care of Business - Everything you always wanted to know about starting and operating a
business in central Madison.
- Downtown Madison Market Analysis - A summary of downtown Madison market data, trade areas, demographics and psychographics, visitor data and consumer spending potential.
Agencia Federal Para el Desarrollo de la Pequena Empresa
Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation - Provides quality business education on entrepreneurship, business planning and development and financing for startup and existing business owners.
Small Business Administration - Helping small business succeed!
Office of Corporate Relations - " Putting the Resources of a World Class University to work for your business".
Development Resources in Dane County (PDF) - Dane County's economic
development Resource guide.
- Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Network - Access to a statewide network of entrepreneurial resources and expertise to create new ventures; help grow existing business, and move forward high potential entrepreneurs to enable Wisconsin to be competitive in a global economic environment.
Consumer Information - State of Wisconsin consumer protection information for business related issues.
Business Bureau - A state-wide business organization based in Milwaukee promoting fairness in the marketplace.
County Regional Airport - Find out about the air service
offered at the second largest airport in Wisconsin.
Metro Bus - The City of Madison's Metro system -
includes bus schedules, system maps, and fare information. Employers
can offer their employees buss passes as a benefit!
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION
of Madison - Bidding and vending information for
businesses wishing to sell goods and services to the city.
Procurement Assistance Center - Free technical and
marketing assistance to Wisconsin businesses selling to
federal, state and local government.
Systems - Information on how to do business with the
State of Wisconsin.
County - Information on doing business with the Dane County
MADISON BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
CITY OF MADISON, WISCONSIN - WET LABORATORY SPACE