WIC partners with the City of Madison to involve women in all job positions, decisions, policies, and functions through advocacy and education.
- A City workforce where there is equitable distribution of female representation in all levels and job positions of City government.
- One's ability to succeed, advance, and build a career in City employment is not limited by gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other group status.
- WIC adds value to the community at large with positive working relationships both within City employment and to the citizens of Madison.
Members of Women's Initiatives Committee (WIC) are appointed by the Mayor and are authorized to attend all scheduled meetings.
All permanent employees who have passed their probationary period can join. Any City employee may seek membership after attending two consecutive meetings.
- Intersectionality. WIC honors that every individual represents a broad range of identities and experiences.
- Equity. Fairness and justice should be attainable in all aspects of an individual's life including access to resources, health, opportunities, and choices.
- Women's Leadership and Empowerment. Women should be able to set their own personal and professional goals and have a fair and just shot at reaching them.
- Work/Life Balance. WIC supports both career advancement and a fulfilling personal life including health, pleasure, leisure, family, and spiritual development.
- Community Impact. WIC seeks to create the best environment for City employees by tackling issues that impact both City employees and the community at large.
- Education. Learning gives City employees the ability to care for themselves and others and support their work/life balance, and reach their full potential.
- Advocacy. WIC strives to give women and all historically disenfranchised groups a voice.
|Meets:||4th Thursday of the month at 1:00 pm
City County Building, Room 108
|Agency:||Department of Civil Rights
|Authority:||Madison General Ordinance (MGO) 33.27|
|Vice Chair:||Kate McCarthy|
|Mission:||It is the mission of the Women's Initiatives Committee to actively assist the City in building and sustaining a vibrant, equitable, committed, diverse, engaged, inclusive, informed and safe environment for all City Employees and the Community at Large.|
|Lisa Banks||Metro Transit||267-8760|
|Lisa Becher, Associate Member||Madison Fire||266-4420|
|Donna Collingwood||Planning & Development||266-4635|
|Gretchen Ede, Associate Member||Library||266-6359|
|Melissa Gombar||Human Resources||266-4778|
|Kathi Hurtgen, Associate Member||Monona Terrace||261-4033|
|Aleta Klicko||Metro Transit||267-8760|
|Victoria Larson||Human Resources||266-4281|
|Kate McCarthy||Civil Rights||267-1127|
|Kelly Odegaard||Metro Transit||267-8760|
|David Renaud||Water Utility||261-9833|
|Erin Stenson||Human Resources||267-1170|
|Liza Tatar, Associate Member||Fire||266-4420|
|Connie Thompson||Monona Terrace||261-4030|