MissionIt is the function and duty of the Plan Commission to make and adopt a master plan for the physical development of the municipality. The commission makes reports and recommendations to the Common Council related to the plan and physical development of the city and on the location and architectural design of public buildings and other public projects. The commission also reviews and makes recommendations on any sale or lease of land, rezoning requests, annexations of land, subdivision plats and ordinance text amendments. The Plan Commission has final approval authority on land divisions (certified survey maps), conditional use requests and appeals of certain Urban Design Commission decisions.
The Commission generally meets twice a month; Mondays at 5:30pm at the City-County Building, 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Room 201
Watch Plan Commission Mondays at 5:30pm, Wednesdays at 8am, and Sundays at Noon.
- Common Council Member Steve King
- Common Council Member Ledell Zellers
- Common Council Member Sheri Carter
- Mayor or Designee Ken Opin
- Adult City Resident Melissa M. Berger
- Adult City Resident Michael G. Heifetz
- Adult City Resident Michael W. Rewey
- Adult City Resident Bradley A. Cantrell
- First Alternate Maurice C. Sheppard
- Second Alternate James E. Polewski
- Madison Metropolitan School District Superintendent or Designee Vacancy