Current EpisodeTheater Bus and Cenior Center Health and Resource Fair
Episode first aired 9/3/2014 5:00 PM
This month we learn about the Theater Bus and the upcoming Health and Resource Fair at the Madison Senior Center.
- Watch Online Watch Live Online or on Channel Watch Live Online
- 11/1/2014 11:00 AM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/2/2014 8:30 AM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/2/2014 5:30 PM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/5/2014 5:00 PM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/8/2014 11:00 AM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/9/2014 8:30 AM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/9/2014 5:30 PM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/12/2014 5:00 PM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
- 11/15/2014 11:00 AM Veteran's Services and Festival of Wreaths
Host Helen Aarli
A second career in gerontology led her to explore the growing field of intergenerational programming and the creative world of developing intergenerational programs that are "mutually beneficial and satisfying to ALL individuals, across the entire age spectrum." This includes: Mentoring, the Clay Stomp, Native American Cultural Project, the ENJOY Home Chore Program, Improv Drama, Single Moms Program, social studies curriculum discussion groups, politics and ethics.
Her favorite things to do includes working on Senior Beat, PLATO class coordinator, art, music, dance... and of course, politics!
Regarding her goals for Senior Beat, Helen stated "That stretch between the State Capitol (i.e. the political world) and the University of Wisconsin (intellectual center) and the exciting, alive stretch of State Street that connects the two, open endless opportunities for Madison retirees. And that excitement and diversity are what we try to bring to the entire community of Madison via Senior Beat."
Host Christine Beatty
Christine Beatty is the Director of the Madison Senior Center and has been working with and for older adults in a variety of capacities since 1977.
She serves on the Board of Directors of The National Council of Aging, Washington, DC, and she is a national speaker on topics impacting older adults including: volunteerism, retirement and other aging issues.
About the ShowJoin us for Senior Beat, our half hour series which showcases different programs and events surrounding Madison as well as conversation about issues that affect the senior citizens today. Hosted by Helen Aarli and Christine Beatty, Senior Beat is a show for, by and about seniors.
Wednesdays at 5pm, Sundays at 8:30am and 5:30pm
ResourcesDirector of the show: Chris Richter, (608)261-9116
If you have ideas or suggestions for a Senior Beat topic, please contact Pat Guttenberg at (608)267-8650.