Getting a Photo ID Without Proof of Name, Birth, and/or Citizenship

You must provide Photo ID when you vote, in order to prove who you are.

If you need an ID to vote, you can get one for free.

If you are applying for a free ID for voting, & you cannot get proof of name, date of birth, &/or U.S. Citizenship:

You Will Need

  1. Wisconsin ID Card Application Form
  2. Proof of Residence
  3. Unavailable Documentation Form
  4. Proof of Identity
    Choose any 1 of the following (See the full list):
    • Valid photo college ID card from any U.S. university, college or technical college
    • Social Security Card
    • W-2 form including your name, address and Social Security Number
  5. Your social security number

Apply at a DMV Service Center

Find a DMV Service Center near you.

There are 2 locations in Dane County.

Madison East DMV Service Center

2001 Bartillon Drive
Madison, WI 53704
Madison Metro Bus route 6 via MATC, route 20, or route 34.

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - Noon
Sunday: Closed

Madison West DMV Service Center

4802 Sheboygan Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
Madison Metro Bus routes 2, 8, 10, 12, 15, 28, 37, 56, or 57

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: Closed