Join the MPD Team
MPD Hiring Process
- We have begun taking applications for the 2019 Academy!
- Have a question? Contact a Recruiter today and let's get started!
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $50,414 annually, with a raise after six months to $56,057.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Labor Contracts and Employee Handbooks
May 15, 2018 12:12 PM
Hear directly from Chief Koval on topics to include what we are looking for in prospective candidates, the Madison method of policing, as well as a detailed description of the hiring process. Interested individuals can hear an overview of the entire hiring process, ask questions, and then take … [read more]
March 20, 2018 9:31 AM
We are currently accepting applications for our 2019 academy. The application deadline to apply to participate in our first testing session in May is almost here! To be considered, applications must be received by April 13, 2018. Instructions are provided on our website at: … [read more]
October 9, 2017 9:34 AM
The deadline to apply for a police officer position in our Department is fast approaching! October 20th is when all paperwork must be submitted by for our 2018 academy class. We are looking for candidates with diverse backgrounds who have a desire to build relationships within our community, … [read more]