Join the MPD Team
MPD Hiring Process
- The deadline for the 2017 MPD Hiring Process is November 1, 2016. Applications received after this date will be entered into our 2018 process.
- MPD Open House: September 18, 2016 at 4:00 pm. Candidates can hear directly from Chief Koval and ask him questions about the hiring process, what we look for in prospective officers and strategies to prepare. These sessions typically last 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- 2017 Academy Hiring Timeline:
- Written & Physical Agility Testing: Testing sessions remaining for the 2017 Academy process are scheduled for November 6th and December 11th. There is also a consolidated testing date for candidates traveling 6 hours or more to Madison. Consolidated testing is scheduled for January 8th. Candidates are assigned to a testing date after submitting an application. APPLY NOW!
- Oral Board Interview: Approximately 6-8 weeks after your initial testing day
- Background Investigations: Can begin immediately after an oral board interview, or no later than February, 2017
- Trilogy: Chief's Interview, Personality Assessment and Ride-Along with a Field Training Officer - April, 2017
- Tentative Job Offers: May, 2017
- Medical Clearance: July, 2017
- Academy begins: September, 2017
- Have a question? Contact a Recruiter today and let's get started!
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $48,452 annually, with a raise after six months to $53,875.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Labor Contracts and Employee Handbooks
October 10, 2016 10:45 AM
The deadline to apply for a police officer position in our Department is fast approaching! November 1st is when all paperwork must be submitted by for our 2017 academy class. We are looking for candidates with diverse backgrounds who have a desire to build relationships within our … [read more]
September 13, 2016 12:26 PM
MPD Open House: September 18, 2016 at 4:00 pm. Candidates can hear directly from Chief Koval and ask him questions about the hiring process, what we look for in prospective officers and strategies to prepare. These sessions typically last 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Want to JOIN THE TEAM? … [read more]
August 8, 2016 12:55 PM
Want to JOIN THE TEAM? Want to learn how to go from being "good" to "great" as a candidate? Check out the Open House on Sunday, September 18 at 4pm. All questions answered/official exam to follow (for those who want to). For more information visit our website: … [read more]