Join the MPD Team
MPD Hiring Process
- We are now accepting applications for the 2018 MPD Hiring Process. Please stay tuned for additional information regarding the 2018 process.
- Have a question? Contact a Recruiter today and let's get started!
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $48,936 annually, with a raise after six months to $54,414.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Labor Contracts and Employee Handbooks
July 11, 2017 11:08 AM
Looking for a job where you can help members of your community stay safe? Consider applying to become an adult school crossing guard for the 2017-18 school year today! There are currently seven openings on the west side of Madison for the fall. This is a great opportunity for hard-working … [read more]
June 28, 2017 10:43 AM
We are currently accepting applications for our 2018 academy. If you would like to be considered for our next testing session, applications must be received by August 1, 2017. Instructions are provided on our website at: http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/ … [read more]
April 17, 2017 9:05 AM
Hear directly from Chief Koval on topics to include what we are looking for in prospective candidates, the Madison method of policing, as well as a detailed description of the hiring process. Interested individuals can hear an overview of the entire hiring process, ask questions, and then take … [read more]