Merchant Vending displays must be removed from the sidewalk at the end of each business day. The number of display units allowed for a Merchant Vendor is determined by the width of the storefront.
How to Apply for a Merchant Vending License
You can apply online or by mail.
- Merchant Vendor Instructions
- Insurance Requirements
- The Street Vending Coordinator will meet you at the site to discuss the use of the space.
The application for this license can be completed on the City of Madison Licenses & Permits portal.
- If you do not have one already, you must create an account on the Licenses & Permits portal to fill out the application.
- Once you login to your account go to the Licenses/Registrations section, select Apply for a License/Registration and then choose Vending - Merchant Vendor.
- Go to City of Madison Licenses & Permits portal.
- Complete the Application for Merchant Vending License, including diagram.
- Submit an insurance certificate (General liability insurance at a minimum of one million dollars, naming City of Madison as Additional Insured). Go to Insurance Requirements.
- Enclose payment for $250/annually (Merchant Vendor Fee).
Contact Meghan Blake-Horst, Street Vending Coordinator
- PH: 608-261-9171
- FAX: 608-261-6126
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- MAIL ADDRESS:
Department of Planning & Community & Economic Development
Economic Development Division
Office of Business Resources
P.O. Box 2983
Madison WI 53701-2983
- PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
30 on the Square
30 W. Mifflin St. Suite 502-507
Madison WI 53703