- Adopt a Block Pick up litter on your adopted block, and make downtown Madison clean, beautiful and inviting for all!
- Adopt Ice Partnership Help Parks staff with maintaining ice skating rinks during the winter season.
- Adopt a Median Make Madison beautiful and promote a healthy environment by maintaining medians!
- Apply to be on a City Board, Commission or Committee. View a list of current Committee Vacancies that you may be able to fill.
- Earth Day Challenge Celebrate Earth Day by cleaning up your local park and neighborhood! Volunteers may assist with trash pickup and park maintenance.
- Election Officials Election Officials ensure that our elections are open, fair, impartial, and trusted. Officials help elections to run smoothly, and are compensated for their time.
- Flower Garden Volunteers The City of Madison provides plants for volunteers wishing to plant and maintain a flower garden in a City Park.
- Madison Public Library Opportunities in our libraries change regularly. If you have a special talent or skill you would like to share, contact your local library’s manager to discuss your ideas.
- Madison Senior Center Volunteers of all ages are welcome! Provide services, or work side-by-side with older adults in the community.
- Monona Terrace A wide variety of volunteer opportunities are available. Mentor a classroom, volunteer at an event, give guided tours, and much more!
- My Brother’s Keeper Madison President Barack Obama challenged cities to build opportunities for boys and young men of color. In 2014, Mayor Paul Soglin and the Common Council pledged to become a My Brother’s Keeper Community.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens Explore horticulture, gardening, the environment, beauty, and the partnership between people and nature. Volunteers welcome and educate visitors, and partner with staff to keep the gardens beds beautiful.
- Rain Gardens Growing a rain garden is a great way to get involved in improving our lakes and streams. Join the 1,000 Rain Gardens initiative.
- Ride the Drive A wide variety of opportunities are available. All volunteers receive a free one year B-Cycle membership!
- Affirmative Action Student Professionals in Residence (AASPIRE) College students interested in Public Administration can intern for 8-9 weeks. Interns will be guided and mentored by City staff.
AASPIRE internships are paid positions, sponsored by the City of Madison.
- Law Student Internship Program Intern with the Office of the City Attorney (OCA). Students receive on-the-job training, while helping the OCA to best serve the City of Madison.
- Madison Public Library Internships are available for students of many different disciplines. Students interested in library science, communications, media, art, education and more are encouraged to apply!
- Wanda Fullmore Youth Internship Program The Wanda Fullmore Program gives underprivileged teens the opportunity to gain training and employment in the City government.
Some positions may require an Application.