The Human Resources Department supports the City's goals by recruiting, developing and sustaining a diverse, talented, and engaged workforce.
- Quality - Provide an innovative and responsive employment system for recruitment, selection, support, and development of a diverse, talented, and engaged workforce.
- Continuous Improvement - Continually review and enhance human resources organization, systems, processes, procedures, and work environment.
- Compliance - Protect the City's resources by minimizing exposure to legal liabilities and associated risks.
- Outreach - Proactively build the trust and capacity to increase visibility and enhance relationships with all City departments.
Manages recruitment, classification and compensation, and position studies.
Coordinates City benefits, and manages occupational accommodations and labor relations. Provides assistance to managers, supervisors, and other staff related to employee and labor relations.
EDOE supports the mission of Human Resources to recruit, develop, and sustain a diverse, talented, and engaged workforce and to build a City whose commitment to learning and creativity contributes to a thriving community. Our aim is to create a City culture where:
- Employees at all levels are encouraged to participate in making decisions that impact our community.
- Employee wellness is essential to the success of our organization.
- Continuous learning and creativity are expected and recognized.
- Data drives decisions.
- The diverse needs of employees are considered in everything we do.
In order to accomplish this, we will:
- Provide learning and growth opportunities.
- Foster and support quality and customer focus as a way of doing business.
- Facilitate cultural change through interventions and initiatives.
- Promote and facilitate strategic thinking.
- Utilize racial equity tools in our development and decision making processes.
- Forge partnerships within the organization and the community.
EDOE staff can provide individual employee assistance, assist each agency in developing training programs, and provide human resource consulting to aid in resolving specific agency challenges.