To our e-billing and water use tracking customers

As you've no doubt noticed, our Customer Care page has been down for some time. The software we use for e-billing and displaying water usage data is..

Read more »

Request to Start or End Service

To start or end water service, please call (608) 266-4641.


If you use a title company for closing on your house, the title company normally arranges to transfer the service to the new owner. Please feel free to verify by calling Water Utility Customer Service at (608) 266-4641.


If your lease states that you are responsible for paying the Municipal Services bill that includes water charges, you will need to contact Madison Water Utility Customer Service at (608) 266-4641 to start service and again, if you move, to end service at that address.