Main break closes part of N. Sherman Ave.
MWU repair crews are on the scene of a large main break on N. Sherman Ave.
Water Quality Testing
Madison's drinking water is closely regulated by both the EPA and DNR. Our testing experts conduct more than a thousand tests every month to continuously monitor quality and safety, ensuring Madison's drinking water more than meets strict Federal and State drinking water standards.
Latest Annual Water Quality Report.
Find out the water quality for wells serving your address.
What We Test For
- Coliform Bacteria
- Inorganic Compounds & Radionuclides - Nitrates, manganese and other simple chemicals and minerals; radium
- Lead and Copper
- Organic Compunds (VOCs and SOCs) - Solvents, cleaners, pesticides, other man-made contaminants
- Byproducts of our disinfection process
- Unregulated Contaminants
Madison Water Utility puts an enormous amount of our water quality testing data online, giving you the ability to access detailed information about your water.
- For a comprehensive picture of our water quality monitoring program -- how often we test for various contaminants, our sampling locations, and in-depth results -- take a look at our latest Water Quality Monitoring Report.
- A detailed description of our water quality treatment policies is available here.
- Read an overview of testing results for individual wells here.