Join the MPD Team
MPD Hiring Process
- Closing date is October 20, 2017 for the May, 2018 Academy.
- Have a question? Contact a Recruiter today and let's get started!
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $49,915 annually, with a raise after six months to $55,502.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Labor Contracts and Employee Handbooks
September 18, 2017 10:20 AM
MPD Open House: September 24, 2016 at 4:00 pm. Candidates can hear directly from Chief Koval and ask him questions about the hiring process, what we look for in prospective officers and strategies to prepare. These sessions typically last 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Want to JOIN THE TEAM? … [read more]
August 21, 2017 12:24 PM
Want to JOIN THE TEAM? Want to learn how to go from being "good" to "great" as a candidate? Check out the Open House on Sunday, September 24 at 4pm. All questions answered/official exam to follow (for those who want to). For more information visit our website: … [read more]
July 11, 2017 11:08 AM
Looking for a job where you can help members of your community stay safe? Consider applying to become an adult school crossing guard for the 2017-18 school year today! There are currently seven openings on the west side of Madison for the fall. This is a great opportunity for hard-working … [read more]