Public Works Contracting Disparity Study
Overview of the Study
The City of Madison Public Works Contracting Disparity Study is analyzing whether there is a level playing field for minority- and women-owned firms when competing for City public works contracts and subcontracts. If there are disadvantages for minority- and women-owned businesses, the study will assess what the City might do to increase opportunities. This research will help the City determine if its Small Business Enterprise Program is effective for including minority- and women-owned businesses or whether other measures are needed.
The public will have many opportunities to provide input as part of the study.
- The study team will conduct personal interviews with business owners, trade associations and other groups.
- The study team will also perform telephone interviews with hundreds of area businesses.
- The City will provide study results for public review and comment in early 2015.
- The City will hold public forums in early 2015 to receive additional input.
- The final report will include these public comments.