Join the MPD Team
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2016 ACADEMY. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our office at (608) 266-4190.
Laterals? The Madison Police Department requires that everyone hired - including those individuals who are currently certified and working as a police officer in good standing at another agency - must participate in our pre-service academy.
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $47,041 annually, with a raise after six months to $52,306.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Union Contracts
January 26, 2015 11:57 AM
Want to JOIN THE TEAM? Want to learn how to go from being "good" to "great" as a candidate? Check out the Informational Session on Sunday, April 26, 2015, at 4pm. All questions answered/official exam to follow (for those who want to). For more information visit our website: … [read more]
January 20, 2015 10:46 AM
We are now accepting applications for the 2016 Academy. Applications can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our office at (608) 266-4190. [read more]
September 22, 2014 11:52 AM
The deadline to apply is almost here! Get your application in by 11/3/14 and you are still in the hunt for our 2015 class! Instructions are provided on our website at: http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/ Also, please see our listing of upcoming off-site testing locations at: … [read more]