Join the MPD Team
MPD Hiring Process
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $50,414 annually, with a raise after six months to $56,057.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Labor Contracts and Employee Handbooks
October 8, 2018 10:09 AM
Take a look at our "Join the Team" page on our website for more information about our hiring process. http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/ [read more]
September 14, 2018 12:22 PM
In addition to our conventional academy, the Madison Police Department is considering conducting an “advanced placement” training Academy, exclusively for veteran police officers who are Wisconsin LESB Certified under the 720 HR or 520 HR curriculum. MPD will determine participant suitability … [read more]
September 7, 2018 7:54 AM
Want to JOIN THE TEAM? Want to learn how to go from being "good" to "great" as a candidate? Check out the Open House on Sunday, September 16 at 4pm. All questions answered/official exam to follow (for those who want to). For more information visit our website: … [read more]
Jennifer Krueger Favour
Captain of Training
Find your BLUE calling at the MPD Training Center: It all starts with the people we hire!