- All Agencies
- Building Inspection
- Civil Rights
- Common Council
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Goodman Pool
- Housing Authority
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Madison City Channel
- Madison Public Library
- Madison Senior Center
- Mayor's Office
- Metro Transit
- Monona Terrace
- Municipal Court
- Office of Business Resources
- Office of Economic Revitalization
- Office of Real Estate Services
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Parking Utility
- Planning, Community & Economic Development
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Public Works
- Streets & Recycling
- Traffic Engineering
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Water Utility
- Multifamily Housing (WHEDA)
- Project-Based Section 8
- Public Housing
- Section 8
- About Us
Truax Park Apartments Master Planning Project
Housing staff worked with both the Long-Range Planning Subcommittee and the Truax ad hoc Master Planning Committee to develop a long-range planning concept for the Truax Park site. In 200,7 the Truax site was chosen as a focal point for redevelopment planning. This site was chosen because of several advantages it has:
- The presence of vacant land.
- The strong East Madison Community Center which is building a million dollar addition.
- It's adjacent to the Madison Area Technical College.
- It is served by the long-standing Truax Neighborhood Association.
The master planning and site development study for the Truax Park Apartments builds upon the recommendations made by the Community Development Authority of the City of Madison (CDA) Long-Range Planning Sub-Committee to revitalize the Truax Park Apartments into a mixed-income community. The study area is bounded by Anderson Street to the north, Wright Street to the west, Straubel Street to the south, and wooded area to the east. In addition, the Madison Area Technical College (MATC) is adjacent to the site to the north and west. The site is comprised of 147 public housing units on CDA-owned land that is administered by CDA Housing Operations, and includes the East Madison Community Center.
Request for Proposal Information
- Response to Questions re RFQ No. 809102010/MO
- Request for Qualifications: HOPE VI/CNI Application 2010 Funding Round
The CDA is seeking Qualification Statements from developers/partners to assist the CDA apply for HOPE VI and/or funds Choice Neighborhoods Initiative (CNI) for the revitalization of the Truax Park Apartment/Wright-Anderson Townhomes/Webb Rethke Townhomes. CDA is seeking respondents that have demonstrated success in the HOPE VI program; have expertise in other financing, leveraging, and financial planning such as tax credit financing and previous partnership experience; can provide architectural and master planning services; and are skilled in the preparation of any and all documents related to the program.
Si usted desea hablar en Español con un miembro del personal de la CDA, favor de llamar al (608) 266-4868.
Provee su nombre y un numero de teléfono de contacto.
Un miembro del personal de la CDA entonces devolverá su llamada usando un servicio de interpretación telefónica.